Welcome to VinylNation.net - The Ultimate Vinylmation Resource!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cast Member Discount

--VinylNation Member--
    Favorite Vinyl Favorite Vinyl
    BeachGurl has much to be proud of BeachGurl has much to be proud of BeachGurl has much to be proud of BeachGurl has much to be proud of BeachGurl has much to be proud of BeachGurl has much to be proud of BeachGurl has much to be proud of BeachGurl has much to be proud of

Cast Member Discount

How much of a discount do you get for a Disney cruise? I've heard as much as 50%. True or false?

--VinylNation Member--
    OperaSinger will become famous soon enough
    It varies. I haven't booked personally as a CM, but my CM friends have told me that the biggest deal they get are the 'Space Available' Rates. Like a month before departure, they have dirt cheap discounts which can be 50% and up! And sometimes they have random specials. This cruise that is heading to Europe now for repositioning costs $599 for CMs. That's an INSANE deal for a 14 day cruise. But yeah, make friends with a CM, if you are not already, and milk them for info. HAHA Of course, I don't mind sharing info if you ask!
    Opera is a lot like real life, only louder!!

--VinylNation Member--
    BeachGurl has much to be proud of BeachGurl has much to be proud of BeachGurl has much to be proud of BeachGurl has much to be proud of BeachGurl has much to be proud of BeachGurl has much to be proud of BeachGurl has much to be proud of BeachGurl has much to be proud of
    Actually my boyfriend was recently hired, but he hasn't looked into cruise discounts just yet.

--VinylNation Staff--

HitchHikingGhostFangirl has a reputation beyond repute HitchHikingGhostFangirl has a reputation beyond repute HitchHikingGhostFangirl has a reputation beyond repute HitchHikingGhostFangirl has a reputation beyond repute HitchHikingGhostFangirl has a reputation beyond repute HitchHikingGhostFangirl has a reputation beyond repute HitchHikingGhostFangirl has a reputation beyond repute HitchHikingGhostFangirl has a reputation beyond repute HitchHikingGhostFangirl has a reputation beyond repute HitchHikingGhostFangirl has a reputation beyond repute HitchHikingGhostFangirl has a reputation beyond repute
    It depends on how sold out the ship is. If they need to fill it, there'll be a CM discount. Normal rate is 15% (I think), alot of times it's more than that. It just depends on the sailing/how full it is.

--VinylNation Member--
    SPLzero will become famous soon enough SPLzero will become famous soon enough
    Quote Originally Posted by OperaSinger View Post
    It varies. I haven't booked personally as a CM, but my CM friends have told me that the biggest deal they get are the 'Space Available' Rates. Like a month before departure, they have dirt cheap discounts which can be 50% and up! And sometimes they have random specials. This cruise that is heading to Europe now for repositioning costs $599 for CMs. That's an INSANE deal for a 14 day cruise. But yeah, make friends with a CM, if you are not already, and milk them for info. HAHA Of course, I don't mind sharing info if you ask!
    why cant disney hire me for the weekend I just want the cruise discounts!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SPLzero For This Useful Post:

njgjr69 (04-23-2010)

--VinylNation Member--
    roccop72 is on a distinguished road
    A friend who I went to college with is now a CM on the Disney Wonder. She said they if you work on the ship sometimes you can get discounts for your family for up to 75% off

--VinylNation Staff--

HitchHikingGhostFangirl has a reputation beyond repute HitchHikingGhostFangirl has a reputation beyond repute HitchHikingGhostFangirl has a reputation beyond repute HitchHikingGhostFangirl has a reputation beyond repute HitchHikingGhostFangirl has a reputation beyond repute HitchHikingGhostFangirl has a reputation beyond repute HitchHikingGhostFangirl has a reputation beyond repute HitchHikingGhostFangirl has a reputation beyond repute HitchHikingGhostFangirl has a reputation beyond repute HitchHikingGhostFangirl has a reputation beyond repute HitchHikingGhostFangirl has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by roccop72 View Post
    A friend who I went to college with is now a CM on the Disney Wonder. She said they if you work on the ship sometimes you can get discounts for your family for up to 75% off
    Really? that's cool. What does she do onboard?

--VinylNation Member--
    Denham11 has a spectacular aura about Denham11 has a spectacular aura about
    There's a Florida Resident discount too. There's an over 50% discount for Florida residents when you book within a limited time-frame. Here's an example: I looked at a 5-night Bahama Cruise departing May 30 for a party of 5 ... without Florida Res discount, it costs $8080 ... with the discount, it is $3970. That's quite a savings!

So if you are able to book on the fly, you can try for a Fla Res discount.

Cast members have two ways of getting a discount: book just a few weeks out for a larger discount ... plan ahead for a smaller discount. The cast member must be one of the passengers to get the discount. Their HUB system has the cruise discount specifics.
    My Avatar is the closest I'll ever come to owning a Balloon Chaser!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Denham11 For This Useful Post:

BeachGurl (04-23-2010)

--VinylNation Member--
    DCI is on a distinguished road
    Definitely sounds like CMs get a great discount...thanks for all the info everyone.

--VinylNation Member--
    roccop72 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by HitchHikingGhostFangirl View Post
    Really? that's cool. What does she do onboard?
    The children activities. She did the Disney internship when we were in college and once we graduated they offered her a formal position.

--VinylNation Member--
    Oh after watching OCEANS last night it kind of made me not want to go on a cruise now. There was this one part in the movie where this huge boat was out at sea and the waves were thrashing over it. It looked like a scene out of The Perfect Storm.

--VinylNation Staff--

Quote Originally Posted by roccop72 View Post
    The children activities. She did the Disney internship when we were in college and once we graduated they offered her a formal position.
    Ahh cool cool. So she's part of the children cruise staff. Very cool

Quote Originally Posted by BeachGurl View Post
    Oh after watching OCEANS last night it kind of made me not want to go on a cruise now. There was this one part in the movie where this huge boat was out at sea and the waves were thrashing over it. It looked like a scene out of The Perfect Storm.
    Aww but the Caribbean & surrounding areas usually arent that bad

--VinylNation Member--
    dawngee is on a distinguished road
    although i am not a cm i can get industry discounts which are only $50-$75 different in most cases. so, if you know somone going who works in the travel industry.......

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information