Welcome to VinylNation.net - The Ultimate Vinylmation Resource!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Affordable Vinylmation Display Cases

--VinylNation Member--
    Favorite Vinyl Favorite Vinyl
    Ghost Host has much to be proud of Ghost Host has much to be proud of Ghost Host has much to be proud of Ghost Host has much to be proud of Ghost Host has much to be proud of Ghost Host has much to be proud of Ghost Host has much to be proud of Ghost Host has much to be proud of Ghost Host has much to be proud of Ghost Host has much to be proud of

Affordable Vinylmation Display Cases

Sorry if this thread exists elsewhere. I'm up to about 40 3" VMs and now 4 9" VMs. Wife has decided that I might actually need to display these somewhere besides randomly in our bedroom. LOL

Any ideas? Disney's displays are outrageous. haha

I got an idea for the 3" ones though. I noticed that people who collect shot glasses have display shelves like the ones below:

So since I'm sorta new at this... What do you recommend to display the VMs? I have a lot more open wall space than I do floor space so I'd want to get something to hang on the wall.

Any help appreciated.

--VinylNation Member--
    fangirl has a spectacular aura about fangirl has a spectacular aura about fangirl has a spectacular aura about
    I dont know if you have an IKEA near you, but they have a great selection of shelves. Including ones you can hang on the wall. There are threads on here somewhere about IKEA
    I bought a shelf that is taller than me and it is full already so I need to go back and buy another one.
    I would do a search on collection pictures. You will get a ton of great ideas from that thread.
    Good luck.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to fangirl For This Useful Post:

Ghost Host (04-14-2010)

--VinylNation Member--
    Ghost Host has much to be proud of Ghost Host has much to be proud of Ghost Host has much to be proud of Ghost Host has much to be proud of Ghost Host has much to be proud of Ghost Host has much to be proud of Ghost Host has much to be proud of Ghost Host has much to be proud of Ghost Host has much to be proud of Ghost Host has much to be proud of
    Quote Originally Posted by fangirl View Post
    I dont know if you have an IKEA near you, but they have a great selection of shelves. Including ones you can hang on the wall. There are threads on here somewhere about IKEA
    I bought a shelf that is taller than me and it is full already so I need to go back and buy another one.
    I would do a search on collection pictures. You will get a ton of great ideas from that thread.
    Good luck.

Oooh Ikea is a good idea. One is in Atlanta which is about 30 minutes from me. Another plus is that my wife loves Ikea so she'll let me get it. haha

--VinylNation Member--
    vinylmanic is on a distinguished road
    the normal shot glass will not work. the vinyls are bigger...(i collect show glasses too)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to vinylmanic For This Useful Post:

Ghost Host (04-14-2010)

--VinylNation Member--
    Quote Originally Posted by vinylmanic View Post
    the normal shot glass will not work. the vinyls are bigger...(i collect show glasses too)
    Yeah I noticed that. I just saw there were some shot glass shelves that were taller than needed. Thanks for telling me though!

--VinylNation Member--
    oshkoshkt722 is on a distinguished road
    IKEA has a nice 4-5 tiered glass case that is less than 100 bucks and will hold a TON of figures as well. It also has a light fixture hole at the top for extra lighting too!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to oshkoshkt722 For This Useful Post:

Ghost Host (04-14-2010)

--VinylNation Member--
    Quote Originally Posted by oshkoshkt722 View Post
    IKEA has a nice 4-5 tiered glass case that is less than 100 bucks and will hold a TON of figures as well. It also has a light fixture hole at the top for extra lighting too!
    Thanks!

--VinylNation Member--
    EvilJimmy is a splendid one to behold EvilJimmy is a splendid one to behold EvilJimmy is a splendid one to behold EvilJimmy is a splendid one to behold EvilJimmy is a splendid one to behold EvilJimmy is a splendid one to behold EvilJimmy is a splendid one to behold
    There are Also those vinyl display cases that perfectly display 12 figures at the container store you van check out. They are only 10$

12. The Following User Says Thank You to EvilJimmy For This Useful Post:

Ghost Host (04-14-2010)

--VinylNation Member--
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilJimmy View Post
    There are Also those vinyl display cases that perfectly display 12 figures at the container store you van check out. They are only 10$
    Is this what you mean?

--VinylNation Member--
    marine_2003 is a jewel in the rough marine_2003 is a jewel in the rough marine_2003 is a jewel in the rough
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Host View Post
    Is this what you mean?

I have these to display mine. They are cheap and get the job done for me.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to marine_2003 For This Useful Post:

Ghost Host (04-14-2010)

--VinylNation Member--
    fangirl has a spectacular aura about fangirl has a spectacular aura about fangirl has a spectacular aura about
    I have several of those $10 cases as well.
    This is the shelf I got from IKEA for $70. Then I bought glass shelfs to put inside and doors for it. It looks really good. As soon as I get my lights hooked up and put in it I will post a picture on the collection page.
    http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40071788

Then here is the other shelf a lot of members on here use:
    http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10119206

I orignally went to IkEA to get that. But once I saw it in person I realized it wouldnt be big enough for my collection so I went with the Billy shelf.

Speaking of IKEA. Does anyone ever see any coupons for that store? I have been looking and cant find any.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to fangirl For This Useful Post:

Ghost Host (04-14-2010)

--VinylNation Member--
    lldepoal is on a distinguished road
    I bought something very similar to display my vinyls...

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lldepoal For This Useful Post:

Ghost Host (04-14-2010), Haunted (10-22-2011), HT_NSU (04-15-2010), mickeyfan1999 (05-03-2010), mt1234 (04-15-2010), Qsk50 (04-14-2010)

--VinylNation Member--
    Quote Originally Posted by lldepoal View Post
    I bought something very similar to display my vinyls...
    Where did you find that? It would work well in my bedroom

--VinylNation Member--
    adam19 is on a distinguished road
    Where did you find that? It would work well in my bedroom
    Seconded!

--VinylNation Member--

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_2110wt_941

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

I have 2 of them and am getting ready to buy a third....I also just bought this for my 9". But im such a klutz, I dropped one of the shelves and broke it, so now I need to call the company to order another

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

The curio is fairly large in size too. Its 2.5 feet long, 1 foot deep, and 6' 2" tall

--VinylNation Member--
    disneylover1955 has a reputation beyond repute disneylover1955 has a reputation beyond repute disneylover1955 has a reputation beyond repute disneylover1955 has a reputation beyond repute disneylover1955 has a reputation beyond repute disneylover1955 has a reputation beyond repute disneylover1955 has a reputation beyond repute disneylover1955 has a reputation beyond repute disneylover1955 has a reputation beyond repute disneylover1955 has a reputation beyond repute disneylover1955 has a reputation beyond repute

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_2110wt_941

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

I have 2 of them and am getting ready to buy a third....I also just bought this for my 9". But im such a klutz, I dropped one of the shelves and broke it, so now I need to call the company to order another

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

The curio is fairly large in size too. Its 2.5 feet long, 1 foot deep, and 6' 2" tall
    Wow I love it! I need one of those!

--VinylNation Member--
    all i need now are those little things to have some of the vinyls stand on so i can give them different heights

--VinylNation Member--
    mt1234 is a splendid one to behold mt1234 is a splendid one to behold mt1234 is a splendid one to behold mt1234 is a splendid one to behold mt1234 is a splendid one to behold mt1234 is a splendid one to behold
    all i need now are those little things to have some of the vinyls stand on so i can give them different heights
    you should orderfrom the container store. they have different sizes of riders to choose from.

--VinylNation Member--
    Dizneyusa will become famous soon enough Dizneyusa will become famous soon enough
    At Target, I found in the laundry isle where the supplies are - they are metal tiered shelves (not to big) that look great in a display case and they are tiered on 3 shelves Approx.
    price was $7 I got 2 of them and angled them in the case and it really looks nice

Dana
    dizneyusa

--VinylNation Member--
    LynchMOB1 has a spectacular aura about LynchMOB1 has a spectacular aura about
    All of this stuff came from IKEA...

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LynchMOB1 For This Useful Post:

Chelsey (05-03-2010), mickeyfan1999 (05-03-2010), mt1234 (04-15-2010)

--VinylNation Member--
    mt1234 is a splendid one to behold mt1234 is a splendid one to behold mt1234 is a splendid one to behold mt1234 is a splendid one to behold mt1234 is a splendid one to behold mt1234 is a splendid one to behold
    yup that totally looks like it came from IKEA, lynchmob1. i love the color scheme and set up, looks great. i might have to look into those at ikea.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to mt1234 For This Useful Post:

LynchMOB1 (05-03-2010)

--VinylNation Member--
    onedcgd is on a distinguished road
    Is this what you mean?

where can i find these?

--VinylNation Member--
    Quote Originally Posted by onedcgd View Post
    where can i find these?
    You can find them at the containerstore.com They are very nice and inexpensive. Less than 10 bucks!

--VinylNation Member--
    onedcgd is on a distinguished road
    You can find them at the containerstore.com They are very nice and inexpensive. Less than 10 bucks!
    awesome...thx!!

--VinylNation Member--
    VinylFan has a spectacular aura about VinylFan has a spectacular aura about
    I use some of these shadow boxes, I got mine at Michaels when they were on sale for $25. They are meant for baseballs, but it fits my vinyls perfectly. You can hang it on the wall and it looks really nice! It has 12 spots, perfect for a whole set (except holiday).

Last edited by VinylFan; 05-03-2010 at 12:03 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information