Welcome To Disney Sorcerers!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Special Event Series

--VinylNation Member--
    Favorite Vinyl Favorite Vinyl
    mbo516 is a splendid one to behold mbo516 is a splendid one to behold mbo516 is a splendid one to behold mbo516 is a splendid one to behold mbo516 is a splendid one to behold mbo516 is a splendid one to behold

Special Event Series

It has been confirmed that there is a series of 12 cards being released at upcoming special events.

The first card will be made available durring MNSSHP starting tomorrow. It will be a chip and dale animal spell, but no word if it is halloween related other than the coloring of the card and the MNSSHP logo on the card.

The card is FREE to anyone attending MNSSHP. All you have to do is go into the firehouse and pick it up– 1 per person per event visit.

No word on if it is limited, but I'm sure there was only so many printed, so I wouldn't expect them to last throughout the whole event unless they limit the amount given out each night.

DVC Home Resort: Bay Lake Tower | Disney Cruises: 10
    July 2013- Fantasy 7 Day Cruise

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mbo516 For This Useful Post:

mesaboy2 (09-22-2012), mickeyfan1999 (10-07-2012)

--VinylNation Member--
    Maillis is on a distinguished road
    I'd be willing to bet they printed more than enough. If the cards entice just a handful of people to come that otherwise wouldn't have it will more than cover the cost of printing a few thousand cards at least. It'd make more sense that they print enough for everyone and destroy any extras than deal with upset Sotmk fans.

--VinylNation Member--
    mbo516 is a splendid one to behold mbo516 is a splendid one to behold mbo516 is a splendid one to behold mbo516 is a splendid one to behold mbo516 is a splendid one to behold mbo516 is a splendid one to behold
    Quote Originally Posted by Maillis View Post
    I'd be willing to bet they printed more than enough. If the cards entice just a handful of people to come that otherwise wouldn't have it will more than cover the cost of printing a few thousand cards at least. It'd make more sense that they print enough for everyone and destroy any extras than deal with upset Sotmk fans.
    They probably did print a lot, but I'm just saying there are obviously not infinite cards so I wouldn't be surprised if you went on the last night and they had none left, for example. I don't think these are "Limited Edition," so it's just a matter of them eventually running out at the end or not.

--Roving Pony Reporter--

Silvered has a reputation beyond repute Silvered has a reputation beyond repute Silvered has a reputation beyond repute Silvered has a reputation beyond repute Silvered has a reputation beyond repute Silvered has a reputation beyond repute Silvered has a reputation beyond repute Silvered has a reputation beyond repute Silvered has a reputation beyond repute Silvered has a reputation beyond repute Silvered has a reputation beyond repute
    Where did this get confirmed? We talked to one of the people involved with Sorcerers at the Thursday trade event and he said it was just a rumor.

Buy/Trade*Non-Vinyl Buy/Trade*SotMK Cards Buy/Trade*VM Collection*Other Obsession*Custom Showcase
    Become a VIP and get access to the Roving Pony Reporter Twitter to get news on events and releases before anyone else!

--VinylNation Member--
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvered View Post
    Where did this get confirmed? We talked to one of the people involved with Sorcerers at the Thursday trade event and he said it was just a rumor.
    It started out as a rumor on the sotmk blog website but today Anthony at sotmk blog confirmed that it is in fact happening as previously rumored. He knows someone who is privy to the information apparently. He knows all the physical card details so that's good enough for me.

--VinylNation Member--
    Update. From a Facebook group...used with permission.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mbo516 For This Useful Post:

HT_NSU (09-11-2012), mickeyfan1999 (10-07-2012)

--VinylNation Member--

HT_NSU has much to be proud of HT_NSU has much to be proud of HT_NSU has much to be proud of HT_NSU has much to be proud of HT_NSU has much to be proud of HT_NSU has much to be proud of HT_NSU has much to be proud of HT_NSU has much to be proud of
    That's so cool! I could kick myself for not playing when I had the chance during my last trip. Now idk when I'll get back. I would love to collect the cards for the artwork alone.

--VinylNation Member--
    Wow the first ebay auction immediately is up to over $100. That's nuts..it's not even a limited edition.

--VinylNation Member--
    mesaboy2 is on a distinguished road
    I was out of town the last few days--in Orlando--and missed this thread. I thought I might go last night but decided against it because I would have been a single and the fun for me comes from being there with the family. Then I saw this last night about 10:00p and started kicking myself! Aargh.

--VinylNation Member--
    ducky_love is on a distinguished road
    So now I have to decide if I'm willing to pay $50+ to go to a party for a card....

--VinylNation Member--
    There is a rumor that a CM said there could be a different MNSSHP card released at some point during the event as well.

--VinylNation Member--
    Quote Originally Posted by mbo516 View Post
    There is a rumor that a CM said there could be a different MNSSHP card released at some point during the event as well.
    You're killing me with these!

--VinylNation Member--
    Thanks again to the OP for posting this. Went last night and got 3--one for each in my group. Was able to walk right up to the Firehouse at party start 7:00p and get them, no line. Was raining pretty good, so unsure how this may have affected lines. Earlier parties included reports of lines.

--VinylNation Member--
    niftyk13 will become famous soon enough
    Ooo that care is cool! I can't wait to attend the Halloween party and get one! Has anyone tried playing the card and seeing what the effects are on the villains?
    *~*Katie from Detroit*~*
    *~*Love of all things Muppets, Cinderella, Haunted Mansion, Goofy, Stitch, & Figment*~*
    *~*I also really love the band Hanson and Broadway shows*~*

--VinylNation Member--
    Quote Originally Posted by niftyk13 View Post
    Ooo that care is cool! I can't wait to attend the Halloween party and get one! Has anyone tried playing the card and seeing what the effects are on the villains?
    There are videos online.. it's pretty much candy corn and bats (fully leveled up) if I remember correctly.

--VinylNation Member--
    KingBDS is on a distinguished road
    Does anyone know if cards are still available. I would hate to pay for an extra ticket and the cards not be available.
    Brian S
    Orlando, FL

--VinylNation Member--
    roxane is on a distinguished road
    They should have them through the event.

--VinylNation Member--
    Quote Originally Posted by KingBDS View Post
    Does anyone know if cards are still available. I would hate to pay for an extra ticket and the cards not be available.
    I've not heard any reports that they have run out, so you should be okay.

--VinylNation Member--
    kenseth17 is on a distinguished road
    We were there last week Tuesday and walked right up at 7pm and got our 2. Very nice artwork on it.

--VinylNation Member--
    smiele23 is on a distinguished road
    I was able to get mine this past Tuesday. It didn't look like they were running out. The cast member handing them out had a large deck of them.

--VinylNation Member--
    Ty.stev is on a distinguished road
    Does anyone know or have any guesses on whether there will be a Christmas party card or not? I already have my ticket so I really hope there is to make the party that much better!!

--VinylNation Staff--

Phylers has a reputation beyond repute Phylers has a reputation beyond repute Phylers has a reputation beyond repute Phylers has a reputation beyond repute Phylers has a reputation beyond repute Phylers has a reputation beyond repute Phylers has a reputation beyond repute Phylers has a reputation beyond repute Phylers has a reputation beyond repute Phylers has a reputation beyond repute Phylers has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty.stev View Post
    Does anyone know or have any guesses on whether there will be a Christmas party card or not? I already have my ticket so I really hope there is to make the party that much better!!
    That's the rumor, but Disney hasn't officially confirmed it yet. Special event cards will allegedly be something of a norm going forward, though.

It makes sense; the cards are pretty popular, growing in popularity, and super cheap for Disney to use as promotional material.

--VinylNation Member--
    Most people are guessing that the card will relate to the main characters as well. So you might see Goofy / Mickey on it for example.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to mbo516 For This Useful Post:

Phylers (10-31-2012)

--VinylNation Member--
    Update: the guide map confirms that there is a card. I haven't had power so I haven't bothered to research why someone has the guide map or whatever..but there's a scan online and it confirms it.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to mbo516 For This Useful Post:

Phylers (10-31-2012)

--VinylNation Member--
    Ty.stev is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by mbo516 View Post
    Update: the guide map confirms that there is a card. I haven't had power so I haven't bothered to research why someone has the guide map or whatever..but there's a scan online and it confirms it.
    I saw that too. Now there's just the anticipation of what it's going to be

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information