Welcome to VinylNation.net - The Ultimate Vinylmation Resource!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cutesters En Vogue

--VinylNation Member--

Favorite Vinyl Favorite Vinyl
    BrittLee has a brilliant future BrittLee has a brilliant future BrittLee has a brilliant future BrittLee has a brilliant future BrittLee has a brilliant future BrittLee has a brilliant future BrittLee has a brilliant future BrittLee has a brilliant future BrittLee has a brilliant future BrittLee has a brilliant future BrittLee has a brilliant future

Cutesters En Vogue

Images courtesy of Silvered. 8 piece series in a 16 piece tray.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to BrittLee For This Useful Post:

Crglrsn (09-10-2012), Joker35 (09-11-2012), JTChief82 (09-21-2012), kara-bo-bara (09-10-2012), mamawantsvinyls (09-10-2012), mbo516 (09-10-2012), mshalloween (09-10-2012), Phylers (09-10-2012), Princess Victoria (09-10-2012), Story (09-10-2012), swtkatydid7 (09-10-2012), tandedobbs (09-10-2012)

--VinylNation Member--
    mbo516 is a splendid one to behold mbo516 is a splendid one to behold mbo516 is a splendid one to behold mbo516 is a splendid one to behold mbo516 is a splendid one to behold mbo516 is a splendid one to behold
    I take back my comment about liking these after seeing the whole set. Terrible.
    Last edited by mbo516; 02-23-2013 at 07:21 PM.

DVC Home Resort: Bay Lake Tower | Disney Cruises: 10
    July 2013- Fantasy 7 Day Cruise

--VinylNation Member--
    90lbgirl is a jewel in the rough 90lbgirl is a jewel in the rough 90lbgirl is a jewel in the rough
    This new mold makes me think that they are gearing up for a "Princess" series.
    I have to keep reminding my dog that these things are not chew toys.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 90lbgirl For This Useful Post:

mamawantsvinyls (09-10-2012), Princess Victoria (09-10-2012)

--VinylNation Member--
    FairestOfThemAll is a glorious beacon of light FairestOfThemAll is a glorious beacon of light FairestOfThemAll is a glorious beacon of light FairestOfThemAll is a glorious beacon of light FairestOfThemAll is a glorious beacon of light
    Quote Originally Posted by 90lbgirl View Post
    This new mold makes me think that they are gearing up for a "Princess" series.
    They showed a sneak peak of the new Princess mold! Of course, they didn't say that's what it was... but that is definitely what it was! This is a step in the right direction for Cutesters, liking the new Minnie mold!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to FairestOfThemAll For This Useful Post:

mamawantsvinyls (09-10-2012)

--VinylNation Member--
    tandedobbs is a name known to all tandedobbs is a name known to all tandedobbs is a name known to all tandedobbs is a name known to all tandedobbs is a name known to all tandedobbs is a name known to all
    Quote Originally Posted by FairestOfThemAll View Post
    They showed a sneak peak of the new Princess mold! Of course, they didn't say that's what it was... but that is definitely what it was! This is a step in the right direction for Cutesters, liking the new Minnie mold!
    The new Minnie mold is great!
    I really like the Audrey Hepburn of this series. Hopefully the others will be just as cute!

--VinylNation Member--
    LotsoVinyls is a glorious beacon of light LotsoVinyls is a glorious beacon of light LotsoVinyls is a glorious beacon of light LotsoVinyls is a glorious beacon of light LotsoVinyls is a glorious beacon of light
    I love love love this series!!! I cannot wait for it to come out! I believe sometime in 2013 right? I hope it's early 2013 because I am too excited

--VinylNation Member--
    Princess Victoria has a spectacular aura about Princess Victoria has a spectacular aura about Princess Victoria has a spectacular aura about
    Aww the Audrey Hepburn vinyl is adorable! I've dabbled here and there with Cutesters, but this could potentially be the first Cutesters set I actively pursue. I can't wait to see more of what they have to offer. I'm also digging the new dress mold.

--VinylNation Staff--

Story has a reputation beyond repute Story has a reputation beyond repute Story has a reputation beyond repute Story has a reputation beyond repute Story has a reputation beyond repute Story has a reputation beyond repute Story has a reputation beyond repute Story has a reputation beyond repute Story has a reputation beyond repute Story has a reputation beyond repute Story has a reputation beyond repute
    I don't care for the design previewed but the Minnie mold is rather cute. I'd to see them do a Princess series with this new canvas!

--VinylNation Staff--

mamawantsvinyls has a reputation beyond repute mamawantsvinyls has a reputation beyond repute mamawantsvinyls has a reputation beyond repute mamawantsvinyls has a reputation beyond repute mamawantsvinyls has a reputation beyond repute mamawantsvinyls has a reputation beyond repute mamawantsvinyls has a reputation beyond repute mamawantsvinyls has a reputation beyond repute mamawantsvinyls has a reputation beyond repute mamawantsvinyls has a reputation beyond repute mamawantsvinyls has a reputation beyond repute
    I'm not really excited about the "En Vogue" Series. Sorry, Audrey looks like the inappropriate 9" CLY Cheerleader. But I definitely would love to see what will become of this Minnie mold. Makes me wonder what we may see in terms of other custom molds in the future. Donald? Stitch? Winnie the Pooh?

Want to be a VinylNation Contributor?
    Click here for more details!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mamawantsvinyls For This Useful Post:

BrittLee (09-12-2012)

--VinylNation Member--
    tnaveh will become famous soon enough tnaveh will become famous soon enough
    I hate to stay this, but I really can't get on board with these. The Cutesters 1 series is what attracted me to Vinylmation in the first place and every release since has veered further away from the original style. I know I am probably in the minority here, but I've always been a fan of more abstract designs which allows the mold to really act more as an art canvas as opposed to just placing one character's body on the body of other character. Also, after the lackluster success of Cutesters Like You, I thought they would have moved away from human designs.

In general the "En Vogue" idea, while not my thing, could be a cool idea. I guess I just wish it wasn't a part of the Cutesters line, and that the Cutesters series go back to it's more abstract almost kawaii style from earlier series.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tnaveh For This Useful Post:

mamawantsvinyls (09-12-2012), Story (09-12-2012)

--VinylNation Staff--

mshalloween has a reputation beyond repute mshalloween has a reputation beyond repute mshalloween has a reputation beyond repute mshalloween has a reputation beyond repute mshalloween has a reputation beyond repute mshalloween has a reputation beyond repute mshalloween has a reputation beyond repute mshalloween has a reputation beyond repute mshalloween has a reputation beyond repute mshalloween has a reputation beyond repute mshalloween has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by tnaveh View Post
    I hate to stay this, but I really can't get on board with these. The Cutesters 1 series is what attracted me to Vinylmation in the first place and every release since has veered further away from the original style. I know I am probably in the minority here, but I've always been a fan of more abstract designs which allows the mold to really act more as an art canvas as opposed to just placing one character's body on the body of other character. Also, after the lackluster success of Cutesters Like You, I thought they would have moved away from human designs.

In general the "En Vogue" idea, while not my thing, could be a cool idea. I guess I just wish it wasn't a part of the Cutesters line, and that the Cutesters series go back to it's more abstract almost kawaii style from earlier series.

I'm over the human Cutesters. Please bring back the donuts, owls, mushrooms, bees, ladybugs, fairies, etc.!!!!!

17. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to mshalloween For This Useful Post:

Allotes (09-12-2012), BrittLee (09-12-2012), Crglrsn (09-12-2012), erikanicole (09-12-2012), JTChief82 (09-21-2012), lintman (09-12-2012), mamawantsvinyls (09-12-2012), Phylers (09-12-2012), Qsk50 (09-12-2012), Story (09-12-2012), tandedobbs (01-28-2013), tnaveh (09-12-2012)

New and Improved

lintman has a reputation beyond repute lintman has a reputation beyond repute lintman has a reputation beyond repute lintman has a reputation beyond repute lintman has a reputation beyond repute lintman has a reputation beyond repute lintman has a reputation beyond repute lintman has a reputation beyond repute lintman has a reputation beyond repute lintman has a reputation beyond repute lintman has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by mshalloween View Post

I'm over the human Cutesters. Please bring back the donuts, owls, mushrooms, bees, ladybugs, fairies, etc.!!!!!

The worst part of C2 was the human designs.

While we were at Mickey's Circus my wife did turn to me and tell me that she really liked what they were showing so I am sure this will join Cutesters at the Beach on her shelf.
    Like a grand and miraculous spaceship, our planet has sailed through the universe of time.

--VinylNation Staff--

Story has a reputation beyond repute Story has a reputation beyond repute Story has a reputation beyond repute Story has a reputation beyond repute Story has a reputation beyond repute Story has a reputation beyond repute Story has a reputation beyond repute Story has a reputation beyond repute Story has a reputation beyond repute Story has a reputation beyond repute Story has a reputation beyond repute
    I would really even love them to do the nonhuman cutester designs on the Minnie mold. I could see the treats and cutesy forest animals taking to the new canvas

I had always hoped the Cutester series would have a series featuring animals similar to Maria Clapsis' LE1 Cutester Lion. I still hope one day they'll go back to more nonhuman designs as it use to be

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Story For This Useful Post:

mamawantsvinyls (09-12-2012), Qsk50 (09-12-2012), tnaveh (09-12-2012)

--VinylNation Member--
    niftyk13 will become famous soon enough
    I have to say I'm kind of excited to see what they do with these and this series. It could be because I'm a fashion major, so I can see how they wouldn't appeal to every one. But I think the new mold is cute and I like the first design reveal that looks Audrey Hepburn-ish.
    *~*Katie from Detroit*~*
    *~*Love of all things Muppets, Cinderella, Haunted Mansion, Goofy, Stitch, & Figment*~*
    *~*I also really love the band Hanson and Broadway shows*~*

--VinylNation Member--
    Ande is on a distinguished road
    I love this mold, but i am unsure about the cutesters in vogue design (too many bad clm) I will wait to see them all before I pass judgement, I do love Audrey Hepburn though.

--VinylNation Member--
    lily0805 is on a distinguished road
    i love the idea of cutesters vouge it looks like a great idea and i love the new mold!

--VinylNation Contributor--

JungleCruse is a splendid one to behold JungleCruse is a splendid one to behold JungleCruse is a splendid one to behold JungleCruse is a splendid one to behold JungleCruse is a splendid one to behold JungleCruse is a splendid one to behold JungleCruse is a splendid one to behold JungleCruse is a splendid one to behold
    Vinylmation™ Cutesters Series 5 – en Vogue
    Release Date: March 29, 2013
    Edition Size: Mystery Box
    Figure Size: 3-inch
    Artists: Caley Hicks, Thomas Scott, and Martha Widener
    Retail:$12.95, plus tax
    Vinylmation™ Cutesters Series 5 Tray: $207.20, plus tax.

CHASER and VARIANTS!

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JungleCruse For This Useful Post:

Allotes (01-28-2013), Story (01-28-2013), tandedobbs (01-28-2013)

--Royal Guard--

Allotes has a reputation beyond repute Allotes has a reputation beyond repute Allotes has a reputation beyond repute Allotes has a reputation beyond repute Allotes has a reputation beyond repute Allotes has a reputation beyond repute Allotes has a reputation beyond repute Allotes has a reputation beyond repute Allotes has a reputation beyond repute Allotes has a reputation beyond repute Allotes has a reputation beyond repute
    Huge pass for me, but one of my nieces will probably love them.

Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

--VinylNation Member--
    Caiter is a jewel in the rough Caiter is a jewel in the rough Caiter is a jewel in the rough
    They are really cute and have god design, but I'm trying to keep all my figures Disney oriented now.. I mostly like the Poodle.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Caiter For This Useful Post:

tandedobbs (01-28-2013)

--VinylNation Member--
    mbo516 is a splendid one to behold mbo516 is a splendid one to behold mbo516 is a splendid one to behold mbo516 is a splendid one to behold mbo516 is a splendid one to behold mbo516 is a splendid one to behold
    Definitely not what I was expecting originally. Big pass. Seems like I'm passing more than buying lately.

How does the tray only cost $207? Error?

DVC Home Resort: Bay Lake Tower | Disney Cruises: 10
    July 2013- Fantasy 7 Day Cruise

--VinylNation Member--
    camillatin is a jewel in the rough camillatin is a jewel in the rough camillatin is a jewel in the rough
    Quote Originally Posted by mbo516 View Post
    How does the tray only cost $207? Error?

This set is going to be sold as a set of 8, with only 16 in a tray. So 16 at $12.95 is $207.20. Seems inevitable they'll end up on sale if they start at 12.95, though.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to camillatin For This Useful Post:

mbo516 (01-29-2013)

--VinylNation Member--

MsDisneyFan has a reputation beyond repute MsDisneyFan has a reputation beyond repute MsDisneyFan has a reputation beyond repute MsDisneyFan has a reputation beyond repute MsDisneyFan has a reputation beyond repute MsDisneyFan has a reputation beyond repute MsDisneyFan has a reputation beyond repute MsDisneyFan has a reputation beyond repute MsDisneyFan has a reputation beyond repute MsDisneyFan has a reputation beyond repute MsDisneyFan has a reputation beyond repute
    These are definitely not my style so I think I'll pass on these. My niece would like these though.

Zeke

jeffztt has much to be proud of jeffztt has much to be proud of jeffztt has much to be proud of jeffztt has much to be proud of jeffztt has much to be proud of jeffztt has much to be proud of jeffztt has much to be proud of jeffztt has much to be proud of jeffztt has much to be proud of
    I'm not that fond of the designs, but really curious to see how many chasers and variants come in the smaller trays.

D-O-N-A-L-D D-U-C-K

JTChief82 has a reputation beyond repute JTChief82 has a reputation beyond repute JTChief82 has a reputation beyond repute JTChief82 has a reputation beyond repute JTChief82 has a reputation beyond repute JTChief82 has a reputation beyond repute JTChief82 has a reputation beyond repute JTChief82 has a reputation beyond repute JTChief82 has a reputation beyond repute JTChief82 has a reputation beyond repute JTChief82 has a reputation beyond repute
    It's funny how Thomas Scott did all of the terrible girl designs, while all the other more decent designs were done by female artists. I bet if Maria Clapsis and Caley Hicks were made responsible for the whole set, they would look a heck of a lot better.
    NJ Tri State Area Members check out the Mystery Box Meet Thread http://vinylnation.net/forums/showth...nmouth-Mall-DS

--VinylNation Member--

disneyobsessed808 has a reputation beyond repute disneyobsessed808 has a reputation beyond repute disneyobsessed808 has a reputation beyond repute disneyobsessed808 has a reputation beyond repute disneyobsessed808 has a reputation beyond repute disneyobsessed808 has a reputation beyond repute disneyobsessed808 has a reputation beyond repute disneyobsessed808 has a reputation beyond repute disneyobsessed808 has a reputation beyond repute disneyobsessed808 has a reputation beyond repute disneyobsessed808 has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by JTChief82 View Post
    It's funny how Thomas Scott did all of the terrible girl designs, while all the other more decent designs were done by female artists. I bet if Maria Clapsis and Caley Hicks were made responsible for the whole set, they would look a heck of a lot better.
    i agree with maria clapsis as cutesters too is probably my favorite all-time series, but i think all the designs in this set are equally undesirable. i think the flowers design is the worst of the bunch.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information