Welcome to VinylNation.net - The Ultimate Vinylmation Resource!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WDW Ticket Scenario - Looking for some info!

--VinylNation Staff--

Favorite Vinyl Favorite Vinyl
    mshalloween has a reputation beyond repute mshalloween has a reputation beyond repute mshalloween has a reputation beyond repute mshalloween has a reputation beyond repute mshalloween has a reputation beyond repute mshalloween has a reputation beyond repute mshalloween has a reputation beyond repute mshalloween has a reputation beyond repute mshalloween has a reputation beyond repute mshalloween has a reputation beyond repute mshalloween has a reputation beyond repute

WDW Ticket Scenario - Looking for some info!

Hey guys! So I have a scenario for you and have some questions.

My husband and I are FL residents and we bought 3-day no expiration passes a year or so ago, which equals out to about $62 each day for the parks. We have one day left on our passes. My sister and her boyfriend are coming down this summer (they are out of state) and planning on going to MK for the day. For an out of state one day pass, it's $91-$92. So, we were thinking of selling them our passes for $62 to save them $30 each and re-buying some 3-day passes for ourselves.

Now, here's my question: would there be an issue for them to get in the park? Would they check their ID to confirm they are FL residents or anything? These aren't Annual Passes, just Magic Your Way (normal ticket) passes. I honestly can't remember if our ID was ever checked at the entrance or not with these passes and we haven't been to a WDW park since last summer, aside from when I ran races there (I know, terrible!!).

Can anyone help? Much appreciated!!!

--VinylNation Staff--

crazybones27 has a reputation beyond repute crazybones27 has a reputation beyond repute crazybones27 has a reputation beyond repute crazybones27 has a reputation beyond repute crazybones27 has a reputation beyond repute crazybones27 has a reputation beyond repute crazybones27 has a reputation beyond repute crazybones27 has a reputation beyond repute crazybones27 has a reputation beyond repute crazybones27 has a reputation beyond repute crazybones27 has a reputation beyond repute
    I'm definitely not an expert, but did they ever scan your fingers upon entering with those tickets? Do those finger scans ever carry over to your next visits? I think this is where another snag might come in aside from the I'd checking. Is your name on the back of them?

JTChief82's designated chaser puller!

--VinylNation Staff--

mshalloween has a reputation beyond repute mshalloween has a reputation beyond repute mshalloween has a reputation beyond repute mshalloween has a reputation beyond repute mshalloween has a reputation beyond repute mshalloween has a reputation beyond repute mshalloween has a reputation beyond repute mshalloween has a reputation beyond repute mshalloween has a reputation beyond repute mshalloween has a reputation beyond repute mshalloween has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by crazybones27 View Post
    I'm definitely not an expert, but did they ever scan your fingers upon entering with those tickets? Do those finger scans ever carry over to your next visits? I think this is where another snag might come in aside from the I'd checking. Is your name on the back of them?
    I think they always scan fingerprints when you enter, no matter what kind of ticket you have. Not sure if they carry over or not; for APs they might, for other tickets, probably not?

I'm not sure if our names are on the back; they are at home and I'm at work.

I'm trying to find on the website if it says the tickets are non-transferable or not but haven't found that info yet.

Edit: Just found the info and it says this... hmmmmm:

Are tickets transferable? Can I give them to someone else to use the remaining days?

Please note that all Magic Your Way Tickets are nontransferable and must be used by the same person on any and all days. The person who uses the ticket for the very first time must use the ticket for its entirety. Any tickets that are transferred are in violation of this restriction and are invalid for admission.
    However, I feel like I've used other peoples' tickets in the past, and/or that my husband and I have used each others tickets before. Ugh, I don't know.

--VinylNation Staff--

crazybones27 has a reputation beyond repute crazybones27 has a reputation beyond repute crazybones27 has a reputation beyond repute crazybones27 has a reputation beyond repute crazybones27 has a reputation beyond repute crazybones27 has a reputation beyond repute crazybones27 has a reputation beyond repute crazybones27 has a reputation beyond repute crazybones27 has a reputation beyond repute crazybones27 has a reputation beyond repute crazybones27 has a reputation beyond repute
    I found under the regular ticket section(FAQ)where it says all tickets are nontransferable so I'd figure the FL resident ones aren't either .

Edit: you found it .

--VinylNation Staff--

I found under the regular ticket section(FAQ)where it says all tickets are nontransferable so I'd figure the FL resident ones aren't either .

Edit: you found it .
    I guess I just wonder... how would they know. I always figured I wasn't supposed to give her my FL resident tickets, but will they check anything at the gate was really my question.

--VinylNation Staff--

Quote Originally Posted by mshalloween View Post
    I guess I just wonder... how would they know. I always figured I wasn't supposed to give her my FL resident tickets, but will they check anything at the gate was really my question.
    The only time they checked my ID was when my ticket got demagnetized, but we have AP's and they have our names on them. I'm sure families mix up their tix all the time on vacation if they didn't sign the backs . My mother also gave me non expiring tix we had from years ago to use and we had no idea who use what, but we were ok .

--VinylNation Staff--

The only time they checked my ID was when my ticket got demagnetized, but we have AP's and they have our names on them. I'm sure families mix up their tix all the time on vacation if they didn't sign the backs . My mother also gave me non expiring tix we had from years ago to use and we had no idea who use what, but we were ok .
    I'll have to check the tickets when I get home to see what's on the back. I think it would be really nice for them to save $30/each, especially since they are poor college kids. I just really hope we're able to do that! I'd hate for them to get to the gates and be told they can't use the tickets, especially since we won't be with them, you know?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information