Welcome To Disney Sorcerers!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Official Sorcerer's Spell Book?

--VinylNation Member--
    Favorite Vinyl Favorite Vinyl
    CreateAmations has a spectacular aura about CreateAmations has a spectacular aura about

Official Sorcerer's Spell Book?

Has anyone seen the release of an official binder to display your Sorcerers cards in yet? It seems like only a matter of time, right? After all the effort of collecting the cards, I'd definitely like a nice classy binder with the Sorcerer's Crest in shiny gold across the front of it.

--VinylNation Member--
    tbishop is on a distinguished road
    You and me both. After being up there last week I visited some gaming stores around town but I just can't get behind the idea of sticking my SotMK cards in a Magic the Gathering deck box. It upsets me. :-)

It's Disney - I'm sure that more merchandise than we can ever imagine will be coming down the pipeline post haste. Standing on line all week I heard no shortage of talk about everything from selling booster packs of cards, to binders, deck boxes, and the like. Hopefully they trot them out sooner than later.

--VinylNation Contributor--

JungleCruse is a splendid one to behold JungleCruse is a splendid one to behold JungleCruse is a splendid one to behold JungleCruse is a splendid one to behold JungleCruse is a splendid one to behold JungleCruse is a splendid one to behold JungleCruse is a splendid one to behold JungleCruse is a splendid one to behold
    We were there for the "Official Launch" (January 22nd) and the higher up managers and some of the WDI folks were telling us that they will be SotMK t-shirts soon. But then again Disney's idea of soon is months, while my idea of soon is days/weeks. We didn't and haven't heard any mention of binders. But one thing is certain, you could make one cheaper than buy one from Disney.

--Roving Pony Reporter--

Silvered has a reputation beyond repute Silvered has a reputation beyond repute Silvered has a reputation beyond repute Silvered has a reputation beyond repute Silvered has a reputation beyond repute Silvered has a reputation beyond repute Silvered has a reputation beyond repute Silvered has a reputation beyond repute Silvered has a reputation beyond repute Silvered has a reputation beyond repute Silvered has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruse View Post
    But one thing is certain, you could make one cheaper than buy one from Disney.
    I actually made one yesterday! I'll have to get around to post pics, it was super easy.

Buy/Trade*Non-Vinyl Buy/Trade*SotMK Cards Buy/Trade*VM Collection*Other Obsession*Custom Showcase
    Become a VIP and get access to the Roving Pony Reporter Twitter to get news on events and releases before anyone else!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Silvered For This Useful Post:

CreateAmations (03-12-2012)

--VinylNation Member--
    CreateAmations has a spectacular aura about CreateAmations has a spectacular aura about
    I'd definitely be interested in seeing what you came up with Silvered! I'd picture something leather bound-looking, aged, weathered but with a gold sorcerer logo embossed into the top cover. Of course an official one will probably never look that classy

--VinylNation Member--
    eranwolf is on a distinguished road
    I personally haven't heard of any binders yet but it's only logical that they will come out. If there is money to be made Disney will make it. I have heard however that very soon Disney will be selling key chains with an RFID chip enabled in it that will bind to your current key card. This I am looking forward to greatly although the thought is a little big brotherish.

--VinylNation Member--
    vertseven is on a distinguished road
    I asked a CM about spell books, yesterday. He said that they are not yet in production, but they (Fire Station CMs) are taking note of park guests' request for the books. So, if enough people ask for them, they will produce the books. Hint, hint.

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by eranwolf View Post
    I personally haven't heard of any binders yet but it's only logical that they will come out. If there is money to be made Disney will make it. I have heard however that very soon Disney will be selling key chains with an RFID chip enabled in it that will bind to your current key card. This I am looking forward to greatly although the thought is a little big brotherish.
    The RFID keychains should improve the experience a whole lot. CMs and characters (the talking Mickey that is now being tested at the MK) will be able to greet you by name. The most difficult, but very promising, aspect will be when candid photos (taken by Disney Photographers) will appear in your PhotoPass account.

As if it isn't scary enough that you scan an RFID card then stand in front of two cameras every time that you play SotMK.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to vertseven For This Useful Post:

CreateAmations (03-19-2012)

--VinylNation Member--
    I really doubt the binders are a matter of "if enough people ask." Since when has Disney EVER needed prompting to create over-priced merch we don't need but MUST HAVE?

--VinylNation Member--
    redtop will become famous soon enough
    I wish this game existed in DLR

--VinylNation Member--
    Quote Originally Posted by redtop View Post
    I wish this game existed in DLR
    My wife and I were talking about portlas in Tomorrow Land. The portals are currently in lightly traveled areas of the park. Hidden nooks and small alleys. It just seems that Tomorrow Land and DLR don't really have the available real estate to add more places for people to line up.

--VinylNation Member--
    VinylWorshiper is on a distinguished road
    Check out Monster Binders. There the nicest binders on the market. Look them up. There expensive, but worth the price IMO.

VW

14. The Following User Says Thank You to VinylWorshiper For This Useful Post:

vertseven (03-20-2012)

--VinylNation Member--
    VinylDiva is on a distinguished road
    I hope Disney comes out with a Spell Book Binder. But we are still waiting for the Disney Vinylmation Carrying Case.

--VinylNation Member--
    mesaboy2 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by vertseven View Post
    My wife and I were talking about portlas in Tomorrow Land. The portals are currently in lightly traveled areas of the park. Hidden nooks and small alleys. It just seems that Tomorrow Land and DLR don't really have the available real estate to add more places for people to line up.
    I agree. I will be curious to see if additional portals open with the Fantasyland expansion.

--VinylNation Member--
    Getting back on the actual topic of spellbooks - Sorcerers has been officially open for a month now. I'm surprised that Disney is so far behind on accessories with this craze!

--VinylNation Member--
    The Frood is on a distinguished road
    Im going to keep away from binders and just get the individual sleeves and get a pouch to put on my belt to have them on me at all times.

--VinylNation Staff--

Phylers has a reputation beyond repute Phylers has a reputation beyond repute Phylers has a reputation beyond repute Phylers has a reputation beyond repute Phylers has a reputation beyond repute Phylers has a reputation beyond repute Phylers has a reputation beyond repute Phylers has a reputation beyond repute Phylers has a reputation beyond repute Phylers has a reputation beyond repute Phylers has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by CreateAmations View Post
    Getting back on the actual topic of spellbooks - Sorcerers has been officially open for a month now. I'm surprised that Disney is so far behind on accessories with this craze!
    Well, has it really spread too far beyond the APs and CMs yet?

I think part of it might be in transferring departments - from what I've learned, the cards themselves were done in-house by WDI artists/designers, but expanded merch will likely move, naturally, to Merchandising artists and designers. Given the potential and the scope, I can see everyone moving slowly to ensure that the art designs remain consistent.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Phylers For This Useful Post:

mickeyfan1999 (05-17-2012)

--VinylNation Member--
    tbishop is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by The Frood View Post
    Im going to keep away from binders and just get the individual sleeves and get a pouch to put on my belt to have them on me at all times.
    That's a good idea about the pouch. As much as it shames me to admit, I've taken to wearing a FannyPack (cringe) when I head to the parks. It took a little getting used to but man it's convenient - especially since SotMK debuted. I like having the cards in hand rather than in a binder as well. Personal preference I guess. The fannypack works great because I tuck them in their own pocket where they stay safe and dry.

--VinylNation Member--
    The Frood is on a distinguished road
    Its all about style, if you have a traditional looking fanny pack then yeah that is cringe worthy. But if you get one with a military style or something a little more rugged looking (which does exist) then no one will be the wiser. Another thing to look about is a shoulder bag. And though I know the joke from Hangover, I highly suggest a MK VII style gas mask bag (aka the actual Indiana Jones bag). It has a couple nifty pockets that fit the cards perfectly.
    Last edited by The Frood; 03-26-2012 at 08:50 AM. Reason: add on

--VinylNation Member--
    Yesterday, I was surveyed by a SotMK CM. She asked general questions about the game, cards, lines, number of portals, etc.. But then came the good questions. Merchandise. She asked what I was willing to buy. T-Shirts, pins, card holders, and binders?

--VinylNation Staff--

Phylers has a reputation beyond repute Phylers has a reputation beyond repute Phylers has a reputation beyond repute Phylers has a reputation beyond repute Phylers has a reputation beyond repute Phylers has a reputation beyond repute Phylers has a reputation beyond repute Phylers has a reputation beyond repute Phylers has a reputation beyond repute Phylers has a reputation beyond repute Phylers has a reputation beyond repute
    Yesterday, I was surveyed by a SotMK CM. She asked general questions about the game, cards, lines, number of portals, etc.. But then came the good questions. Merchandise. She asked what I was willing to buy. T-Shirts, pins, card holders, and binders?
    Possible, though unlikely; no; maybe; doubtful.

Granted, we know most of those are already in the pipeline, so it seems kind of late to be doing the market research.

Did you rail about the forced rarity of lightning bolt cards? Because I would have.
    Last edited by Phylers; 04-04-2012 at 01:22 PM.

--VinylNation Contributor--

JungleCruse is a splendid one to behold JungleCruse is a splendid one to behold JungleCruse is a splendid one to behold JungleCruse is a splendid one to behold JungleCruse is a splendid one to behold JungleCruse is a splendid one to behold JungleCruse is a splendid one to behold JungleCruse is a splendid one to behold
    Depends on design & price; YES!; no; no.

I know this is a Vinylmation website but pins come first for us. But why can't they do an AP vinyl for SotMK. DLR got one for Silly Symphony Swings and Under The Sea Adventure....

26. The Following User Says Thank You to JungleCruse For This Useful Post:

Phylers (04-04-2012)

--VinylNation Member--

magic61983 is a jewel in the rough magic61983 is a jewel in the rough magic61983 is a jewel in the rough magic61983 is a jewel in the rough
    If you guys are looking for a good high quality binder Monster binders are very good. I've been using them for all my Magic the Gathering cards for over 8 months and they are just about the best binders out there. They come in a few different sizes. At worst you could put your cards in them until Disney comes out with something and then put your traders in it after that.
    Go big or go home.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to magic61983 For This Useful Post:

mickeyfan1999 (05-17-2012)

--Banned--

Xero is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by magic61983 View Post
    If you guys are looking for a good high quality binder Monster binders are very good. I've been using them for all my Magic the Gathering cards for over 8 months and they are just about the best binders out there. They come in a few different sizes. At worst you could put your cards in them until Disney comes out with something and then put your traders in it after that.
    Thanks for the tip. Just picked a 4 pocket Monster binder up off of Amazon

--VinylNation Member--
    mrjiggs is on a distinguished road
    I used a think 8x10 binder that you could slide in the artwork for the back i put in the checklist card. I'll try to get pics up of what I made.

--VinylNation Member--
    larsonll is on a distinguished road

Disney SOTMK Binder

I went into the Emporium today and asked a cast member about a SOTMK binder. I had been told about it by the CM at the check-in for cards at the area behind the Christmas store in Liberty. He had no idea what I was talking about, but took me over to the area with the pin binders. There was a large quilted binder with card pages there that he thought was a pin binder. It was $39.95 and BIG! I would not want to travel about to play SOTMK with this. So far, no good options for card storage at MK right now. I saw many players with small binders they had all bought at Wal-Mart and seemed much more appropriate.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information