I know everyone is ready for a new custom swap so it’s time to pick the theme. I went through the Theme for Custom Swaps post and picked out some that I thought would work for general swaps. But before you make your vote, there are a few things to consider:
- MOST IMPORTANT: You must meet the Trading & Selling Guidelines for this forum aka 2 weeks of membership and 50 meaningful posts to participate in any custom swap. No Exceptions.
- This poll will run for one week, until January 20th. The next swap will hopefully go up for sign-ups before the end of January.
- I will be creating a rough year long schedule from this poll with hopefully one swap every 1-2 months. This is why the popular Cutesters Kid Redesign Swap and the Holiday Swap are not included. The Cutesters Kid Redesign Swap will take place again in the summer (so get your Kids now! But don’t start designing as there may be a twist) and of course, the Holiday Swap will return during the Holiday season!
- The next swap will be chosen from the top 3. I reserve the right to switch them around as I see fit but I will be taking this poll into account. Such as, if Spring is number 4 in the poll results, I may do it second, before the other popular choices, so it will be timely.
- Once the theme has been decided, sign-ups will go up for two weeks. If the theme requires a poll for Random Pairing vs Blind Box, the poll will go up for the first week of sign-ups (a few of the themes I felt worked with only one choice and the poll indicates which that is). This way, participants have the second week to get me entry fees or requests lists.
Random Pairing (RP)- Random Pairing is when people are paired with another artists at random and they are to make a custom that goes along a list of requests that have to do with the theme of the swap. During sign-ups, artists will leave their list and I will pass it on to their partners, who will remain a mystery till the reveal. For example, see the Holiday Swap
Blind Box (BB)- Blind Box goes along the same concept as Vinylmation itself. All artists will create a custom that goes with the theme and then send it to me. I will randomize them and send them out. For this swap, a $5 entry fee will be required to participate to help fund repackaging and shipping out on my end as last time, the shipping was a fiasco. For example, see the Cutesters Kid Redesign Swap.
- The only swaps that will require certain molds are redesign swaps. For all other swaps, even Random Partners where you can make requests, both OLD and NEW mold will be acceptable. I will not have someone feel they can’t participate because they can not get ahold of a certain mold.
- If you do not meet a deadline (pictures/shipping) for a swap, you will be blacklisted from future swaps. If you are in contact with me and have valid reasons, I will be flexible but you must communicate with me.
- And last but not least, remember to Have Fun, Be Original and Respect Your Fellow Artists!
One thought I had while running the last two swaps was to hold a Beginner’s Swap for people who have never created a custom before or have only one or two under their belts. I know the thought of doing a swap can be over whelming but I promise, they are fun and rewarding.
I was thinking, I could either run a general one along side a few of the normal swaps, perhaps every other or every three. They could either be general swaps or along the same theme as the normal swap.
So my question is, is there any interest in this idea. Please comment to this post and let me know.
Also, if you have any questions or concerns about anything in this post, please feel free to ask! These swaps are for you and while I might not participate in all of the swaps, I want to run these so you guys have the best time being creative as possible!