VinylNation Contributor Rank - What is It and Can I Be One?
It's been a few months since VinylNation unveiled the new Contributor Rank Bar- which gives VinylNation members VIP benefits and the opportunity to be known as a regular contributor to VinylNation.
We are very happy with the interest and excitement concerning this rank bar, and we have also received many questions regarding what becoming a Contributor entails.
Hence, we thought it would be helpful to create a thread that would help explain the purpose of the Contributor Rank and what being a VinylNation Contributor entails.
What is the Contributor Rank Bar?
Aside from featuring the adorable Pluto (), the Contributor Rank Bar constitutes a member who has done a lot of work in helping VinylNation.net. It signifies a member who regularly contributes pictures, information, reports, articles, and/or helps by means of their graphic design skills.
Who Can Become a Contributor?
VinylNation members who are eligible to become a Contributor have a reputation of being kind, helpful and respectful around the forums. VinylNation is a family site and Contributors must be mindful of this fact when it comes to posting in the blog and forums in general.
How Can a VinylNation Member Become a Contributor?
There are a few different ways that we’d like to take the time to outline and explain how a member can become a Contributor:
Members who participate in writing articles for the blog are helpful around the site and show meaningful contributions concerning Vinylmation news, opinions and info through their posts. These members’ posts also are usually well thought out, giving attention to grammar, spelling and punctuation. The VinylNation staff team is not looking for professional writers; however, when attention is given to these areas, we will be able to see that you care enough about the way your article is presented and it also helps so that we don’t have to worry too much about editing.
The VinylNation staff team takes a lot of time and effort in making sure the blog is kept up in a way that reflects well on the site and makes it informative and easy for newer collectors to navigate. Due to this, we have always put a lot of thought into who will help out with the blog and will carry on with that aim.
- News articles – News articles are pretty self explanatory as they cover, well, Vinylmation news. These articles are timely and written as soon as news is reported either on the forums or official Disney blog. Members who have exclusive news about Vinylmations and pictures to share can PM a Staff member and this contribution will be noted by the staff team and you will be credited on the VinylNation blog.
- Feature Articles – Feature articles are articles that are written on a regular basis. Examples of feature articles are “Did You See This? VinylNation’s Threads of the Week” and Artist Interviews. “Did You See This?” posts are run by staff members Phylers and Mamawantsvinyls and guest writers are chosen by these staff members based on their participation around the forums and contributions (seen or unseen) to the blog.
- Evergreen Articles – Evergreen articles are articles about topics that do not change. These can be in the forms of a review or experience that gives a fresh and enduring perspective on Vinylmations. Evergreen articles should be creative and fun to read. Evergreen articles leave the most freedom for your personal voice here at VinylNation as the staff team will not give out specific assignments for articles of this nature. Please note that while the staff is keenly interested in hearing members’ ideas for evergreen articles these may not be published immediately.
Members who participate in updating VinylNation images should have experience in Photoshop and/or graphic design. Image assignments will come from the VinylNation staff team and will cover one of the following areas:
- Released Vinylmation Series
- Upcoming Vinylmation Releases
- VinylNation Blog updates – These updates must be done in a timely manner. The staff team would appreciate having members who are available most of the day whom we can contact if we need help with news images.
The VinylNation staff is truly enjoying working with the members of the VinylNation community in keeping our blog the place to come for Vinylmation news and discussions. If you are interested in contributing and feel you meet the above requirements, please feel free to contact a member of the staff team.
We look forward to hearing from you!