Welcome to VinylNation.net - The Ultimate Vinylmation Resource!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Things to Do at DLR Downtown Disney

--VinylNation Member--
    Favorite Vinyl Favorite Vinyl
    ichachan is on a distinguished road

Favorite Things to Do at DLR Downtown Disney

Just realized that there's no thread for DLR Downtown Disney yet.. I and my bf are a regular there since we come at least once week for me to trade my VM duplicates (I was not allowed to buy new ones until I finish trading all my dups.... but I have secretly been buying a few .. shhh)

We love to go there because it's inexpensive. Parking is free for the first 3 hours, and you get 2 hours more after movie theater/sit-down restaurant validation. Usually we come in weekday night, when it's not madly crowded. We get to see the firework show from DLR next door too that's a bonus.

As for restaurant, we don't really go eat there much. One time we tried Jazz Kitchen and it was really good although a bit expensive. We usually sit up on the bar in Rainforest Cafe, since there is usually huge line for the sit-down. Ordered one single appetizer and some drinks for both of us, and call it a night since my work shift starts at 6 AM...

What do you usually do in DLR Downtown Disney?

EDIT: Oops sorry no wonder no one posted about DLR Downtown Disney here... I posted in wrong section :x sorry please move the thread..
    Last edited by ichachan; 06-04-2011 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Oops posted in wrong section

--VinylNation Member--
    kcmesserole is just really nice kcmesserole is just really nice kcmesserole is just really nice kcmesserole is just really nice
    Well when we where there, we would make sure we went to the Rainforest every time. We also would walk the stores to trade our vn. We would also go into the car store so our boys could play with the cars already made and running, just hated leaving b/c they always cried for one.

--VinylNation Member--
    little buddha is on a distinguished road
    we (my wife and two year old son ) absolutly loved downtown disney on our holiday and spent more time there than we expected we would , we loved our first visit to planet hollywood and the rainforest cafe , and my son just went nuts in ridzemaker
    '' Let us all be happy , and live within our means , even if we have to borrow the money to do it with ''

artemus ward

--VinylNation Member--
    Billabongi is on a distinguished road
    You always have to visit Legoland and the World of Disney shop and if you happen to be in the mood for desert you can always make a trip to Ghiradellis

--VinylNation Member--
    vinylcreation is a jewel in the rough vinylcreation is a jewel in the rough vinylcreation is a jewel in the rough vinylcreation is a jewel in the rough
    When I go to DD, I usually like to go to D-Street. (Duh. ) I also like to browse the Lego shoop, and see if there are any new sets. My favorite place to eat is either ESPN Zone or Jazz Kitchen.

I can haz vinyls???

HawkeyeVinyl has a brilliant future HawkeyeVinyl has a brilliant future HawkeyeVinyl has a brilliant future HawkeyeVinyl has a brilliant future HawkeyeVinyl has a brilliant future HawkeyeVinyl has a brilliant future HawkeyeVinyl has a brilliant future HawkeyeVinyl has a brilliant future HawkeyeVinyl has a brilliant future HawkeyeVinyl has a brilliant future HawkeyeVinyl has a brilliant future
    Never been to DLR, but my wife and I are joining the Disney Vacation Club, so we'll probably be there next year!!!

How does DLR Downtown Disney compare to WDW?

--VinylNation Member--
    vinylcreation is a jewel in the rough vinylcreation is a jewel in the rough vinylcreation is a jewel in the rough vinylcreation is a jewel in the rough
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkeyeVinyl View Post
    How does DLR Downtown Disney compare to WDW?
    Let's just say, don't be expecting much.

I can haz vinyls???

HawkeyeVinyl has a brilliant future HawkeyeVinyl has a brilliant future HawkeyeVinyl has a brilliant future HawkeyeVinyl has a brilliant future HawkeyeVinyl has a brilliant future HawkeyeVinyl has a brilliant future HawkeyeVinyl has a brilliant future HawkeyeVinyl has a brilliant future HawkeyeVinyl has a brilliant future HawkeyeVinyl has a brilliant future HawkeyeVinyl has a brilliant future
    Quote Originally Posted by vinylcreation View Post
    Let's just say, don't be expecting much.
    Really? I was hoping it would be better since WDW Pleasure Island is practically a ghost town. I'm just excited for DLR's D-Street

--VinylNation Member--

disneyobsessed808 has a reputation beyond repute disneyobsessed808 has a reputation beyond repute disneyobsessed808 has a reputation beyond repute disneyobsessed808 has a reputation beyond repute disneyobsessed808 has a reputation beyond repute disneyobsessed808 has a reputation beyond repute disneyobsessed808 has a reputation beyond repute disneyobsessed808 has a reputation beyond repute disneyobsessed808 has a reputation beyond repute disneyobsessed808 has a reputation beyond repute disneyobsessed808 has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkeyeVinyl View Post
    Really? I was hoping it would be better since WDW Pleasure Island is practically a ghost town. I'm just excited for DLR's D-Street
    The Downtown Disney at DLR is much smaller than the WDW version. The WDW marketplace and west side have more stores and more restaurants, I think.

--VinylNation Member--
    uscbball9701 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by disneyobsessed808 View Post
    The Downtown Disney at DLR is much smaller than the WDW version. The WDW marketplace and west side have more stores and more restaurants, I think.
    you are correct! i was at the one in wdw a few weeks ago and there are a lot more restaurants, shops and things like that. the one in anaheim gets so busy especially on the weekend and the food isn't that good

--VinylNation Member--
    sweettasha is on a distinguished road
    Just about everytime I get a chance to go to Downtown Disney, I eat dinner at Rainforest Cafe. It is such an awesome restaurant and I love nature; Especially animals I also love looking in the stores and getting a smoothie from Jamba Juice. But I mainly love walking through all the Disney stores there and buying some things... I seriously have to bring a ton of movie when I go and watch it go down. But it is so worth it!

--VinylNation Member--
    Wheezy is on a distinguished road
    I walk down there semi often and just trade at D-Street, sometimes I browse the lego store.

--VinylNation Member--
    uscbball9701 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by sweettasha View Post
    Just about everytime I get a chance to go to Downtown Disney, I eat dinner at Rainforest Cafe. It is such an awesome restaurant and I love nature; Especially animals I also love looking in the stores and getting a smoothie from Jamba Juice. But I mainly love walking through all the Disney stores there and buying some things... I seriously have to bring a ton of movie when I go and watch it go down. But it is so worth it!
    has rainforest changed their manu at all or is the same one from the beginning? i wanted to go back there to give it another chance but was hesitant because of the service not being great and the food being overpriced for what it was

--VinylNation Member--
    carebee21 is on a distinguished road
    When we go to DTD we usually eat at T-Rex. Look through the pin shop, giant disney store, go through the bath bomb store, D-St and of course, Goofy's Candy Co!!!!

--VinylNation Member--
    mbblong01 has a brilliant future mbblong01 has a brilliant future mbblong01 has a brilliant future mbblong01 has a brilliant future mbblong01 has a brilliant future mbblong01 has a brilliant future mbblong01 has a brilliant future mbblong01 has a brilliant future mbblong01 has a brilliant future mbblong01 has a brilliant future mbblong01 has a brilliant future
    I just hang around and people watch mostley. I work on Downtown Disney property.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to mbblong01 For This Useful Post:

aug4457081 (12-22-2011)

--VinylNation Member--
    Soapdish83 is on a distinguished road
    Ghiradelli is a must. Love those Sundae's! But just being at Downtown is enough for me. I just feel happy there!

--VinylNation Member--
    Havok1327 is on a distinguished road
    DTD is one of our favorite places, we usually go 2-3 times when we visit WDW. We always hit D-Town, WoD, Lego. Then we eat at either ghirardellis, Earl of Sandwich or Wentz Pretzels. Sometime were there so long we eat at 2 of the places.

--VinylNation Member--

disneyobsessed808 has a reputation beyond repute disneyobsessed808 has a reputation beyond repute disneyobsessed808 has a reputation beyond repute disneyobsessed808 has a reputation beyond repute disneyobsessed808 has a reputation beyond repute disneyobsessed808 has a reputation beyond repute disneyobsessed808 has a reputation beyond repute disneyobsessed808 has a reputation beyond repute disneyobsessed808 has a reputation beyond repute disneyobsessed808 has a reputation beyond repute disneyobsessed808 has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Soapdish83 View Post
    Ghiradelli is a must. Love those Sundae's! But just being at Downtown is enough for me. I just feel happy there!
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok1327 View Post
    DTD is one of our favorite places, we usually go 2-3 times when we visit WDW. We always hit D-Town, WoD, Lego. Then we eat at either ghirardellis, Earl of Sandwich or Wentz Pretzels. Sometime were there so long we eat at 2 of the places.
    this is for Disneyland's DTD...i wish it had an Earl of Sandwich

the only thing I do at DTD in DLR is dstreet and WoD. i also love the caramel corn.

--VinylNation Member--
    aug4457081 will become famous soon enough aug4457081 will become famous soon enough
    when I go to DLR downtown, I try to always hit up D-street. whether I buy something or I just look at all the things in the store, I absolutely love that store. We (my family) dont usually eat downtown, but if we do it's usually naples for pizza (sometimes napolini if we are in a hurry) or if we are feeling fancy, we go to the jazz kitchen. We will actually be going to the jazz kitchen on christmas/my birthday for the second year in a row ( I can't wait to have some more turducken ) when I go with my girlfriend, we like to go through Dstreet and the lego store, and sometimes we'll catch a movie (last one we saw was lion king 3D, yeah that was awesome haha)

--VinylNation Member--
    Oopsy22 is on a distinguished road
    FL DTD - DEFINATELY visit Lego shop... I love that place!! Only because I'm such a big kid at heart... I love the check out area how the entire wall area is covered with Lego minifigures

Then McD's =)

And the obvious D-Street!!!

--VinylNation Member--

iVinyl has a spectacular aura about iVinyl has a spectacular aura about iVinyl has a spectacular aura about
    CA DTD: D Street is my favorite place. The CM's are great. Getting a Razzleberry at Jamba Juice. Mmmmmm good.

New and Improved

lintman has a reputation beyond repute lintman has a reputation beyond repute lintman has a reputation beyond repute lintman has a reputation beyond repute lintman has a reputation beyond repute lintman has a reputation beyond repute lintman has a reputation beyond repute lintman has a reputation beyond repute lintman has a reputation beyond repute lintman has a reputation beyond repute lintman has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by disneyobsessed808 View Post
    this is for Disneyland's DTD...i wish it had an Earl of Sandwich

the only thing I do at DTD in DLR is dstreet and WoD. i also love the caramel corn.
    Will you make some more wishes for DLR DTD? It appears that your wishes do come true.

Maybe you should wish that they would expand WOD so that it wasn't so incredibly crowded in there at all times.
    Like a grand and miraculous spaceship, our planet has sailed through the universe of time.

--VinylNation Member--
    colouredvinyls will become famous soon enough
    For me it's definitely D-Street then heading over to ESPN Zone. One of my best friends and I love heading to ESPN Zone to grab a bite in The Screening Room to watch Real Madrid games. We love seating in either the "Zone Thrones" or at the booths that have their own mounted TV.

--VinylNation Member--
    SHAYDEE is a jewel in the rough SHAYDEE is a jewel in the rough SHAYDEE is a jewel in the rough
    after visiting the parks i usually end the night going to D-Street to buy some blind boxes and sit near the musicians playing..

--VinylNation Member--
    webdoc is on a distinguished road
    I really like to go to D-Street and Wold of Disney. my favorite food booth will be that pop-corn place. That place is Awesome!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information