Welcome to VinylNation.net - The Ultimate Vinylmation Resource!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Pop Vinyls by Funko

--VinylNation Administrator--

Favorite Vinyl Favorite Vinyl
    Sledge has a reputation beyond repute Sledge has a reputation beyond repute Sledge has a reputation beyond repute Sledge has a reputation beyond repute Sledge has a reputation beyond repute Sledge has a reputation beyond repute Sledge has a reputation beyond repute Sledge has a reputation beyond repute Sledge has a reputation beyond repute Sledge has a reputation beyond repute Sledge has a reputation beyond repute

Pop Vinyls by Funko

Disney Living has announced a special sweepstakes on their Facebook page. Of special interest to Vinylmation fans is a set called Pop Vinylmation. You will notice that each figure is shaped like the character they represent, rather than the traditional Mickey Mouse shape.

Not much is known about this set just yet, but this is just one of several special new forms that will be released under the Vinylmation line. Also coming soon is a Duffy the Disney Bear shape.

Update: The naming on the calendar seems to be an error on the part of Disney Living. These are actually a product produced by Funko that is unrelated to Vinylmation. However, we have heard some rumors about something similar, though a little more abstract (and larger), that is in the works for the Vinylmation line. Stay tuned...

Series 1

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Sledge For This Useful Post:

1ovaknd (05-03-2011), Disneyclaire (06-01-2011), EpicMickeyMaster (07-13-2012), heatherleeanne (05-26-2011), mamawantsvinyls (05-03-2011), mickeyfan1999 (05-03-2011), Princess Victoria (06-09-2011), Qsk50 (05-03-2011), Story (05-03-2011), wildHoney (05-03-2011)

--VinylNation Member--
    sfgadv02 will become famous soon enough sfgadv02 will become famous soon enough
    All the figures look cute! I wonder if these will be geared towards kids?

--VinylNation Staff--

HitchHikingGhostFangirl has a reputation beyond repute HitchHikingGhostFangirl has a reputation beyond repute HitchHikingGhostFangirl has a reputation beyond repute HitchHikingGhostFangirl has a reputation beyond repute HitchHikingGhostFangirl has a reputation beyond repute HitchHikingGhostFangirl has a reputation beyond repute HitchHikingGhostFangirl has a reputation beyond repute HitchHikingGhostFangirl has a reputation beyond repute HitchHikingGhostFangirl has a reputation beyond repute HitchHikingGhostFangirl has a reputation beyond repute HitchHikingGhostFangirl has a reputation beyond repute
    Interesting....

and....OMG they're adorable. I see Mike and Sulley so I'm happy even if they're more PAL than VM

--Banned--

Chuggaaconroy is on a distinguished road
    Those look really adorable but they're not really Vinylmation if they don't follow the mickey mouse shape...

--VinylNation Member--

SirScott99 is a glorious beacon of light SirScott99 is a glorious beacon of light SirScott99 is a glorious beacon of light SirScott99 is a glorious beacon of light SirScott99 is a glorious beacon of light
    Pictures are too small for me to tell. I'm not sure how I feel about these new designs
    "He's trying to drown us! What kind of act is that?!?!" "An act of mercy"

--VinylNation Member--
    DLand is on a distinguished road
    If I can somehow get that Mike Wazowski...then I'm stoked!
    I'm just beginning a collection of Pixar vinyls!

--VinylNation Member--
    Conan is on a distinguished road
    They're nice and I'm all for Vinyls, but don't call them Vinylmation because they are not!

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Conan For This Useful Post:

Epcot2000 (05-03-2011), Story (05-03-2011), underdog (05-03-2011)

--VinylNation Staff--

Story has a reputation beyond repute Story has a reputation beyond repute Story has a reputation beyond repute Story has a reputation beyond repute Story has a reputation beyond repute Story has a reputation beyond repute Story has a reputation beyond repute Story has a reputation beyond repute Story has a reputation beyond repute Story has a reputation beyond repute Story has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan View Post
    They're nice and I'm all for Vinyls, but don't call them Vinylmation because they are not!
    completely.

I guess this just means vinylmations will be the name for any toy Disney makes that's made of vinyl

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Story For This Useful Post:

Conan (05-03-2011), JDA (05-03-2011), mamawantsvinyls (05-03-2011), underdog (05-03-2011)

--VinylNation Member--

disneyobsessed808 has a reputation beyond repute disneyobsessed808 has a reputation beyond repute disneyobsessed808 has a reputation beyond repute disneyobsessed808 has a reputation beyond repute disneyobsessed808 has a reputation beyond repute disneyobsessed808 has a reputation beyond repute disneyobsessed808 has a reputation beyond repute disneyobsessed808 has a reputation beyond repute disneyobsessed808 has a reputation beyond repute disneyobsessed808 has a reputation beyond repute disneyobsessed808 has a reputation beyond repute
    they are...interesting. i'm not really a fan of the disproportionate head/eyes to body ratio. i find them a little strange.

--VinylNation Member--
    1ovaknd will become famous soon enough 1ovaknd will become famous soon enough
    I love the look of the Pop Vinylmations, and I deff want to collect them, but they just arent Vinylmations, to me they look like a whole separate type of collectible.
    Happy Collecting!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to 1ovaknd For This Useful Post:

Story (05-03-2011)

--VinylNation Member--
    knockq0ut will become famous soon enough
    If you squint your eyes real tight, they resemble Pook-a-Looz

--VinylNation Member--
    nickalew has a spectacular aura about nickalew has a spectacular aura about
    Idk how I feel about these odd shaped vinyl toys. To me they aren't vinylmation because they aren't on the mickey mold...

Because they're making the vinyls of the same designs that have already been put on the mickey mold, I foresee me not getting them...IMO it'd look really weird.

its like displaying this on my shelf:

next to this on the same shelf:

Idk if i'm just weird but that would look awkward. To each their own!

--VinylNation Staff--

Phylers has a reputation beyond repute Phylers has a reputation beyond repute Phylers has a reputation beyond repute Phylers has a reputation beyond repute Phylers has a reputation beyond repute Phylers has a reputation beyond repute Phylers has a reputation beyond repute Phylers has a reputation beyond repute Phylers has a reputation beyond repute Phylers has a reputation beyond repute Phylers has a reputation beyond repute

Blow-up of the date in question.

I suppose we'd heard that new shapes were coming, but I'm not personally intrigued. For the most part, they all look like jazzed up RoseArt figures to me.

That said, I don't really have a problem with Disney expanding their vinyl line (I do think these will sell very well to the tourist market, particularly to the younger demo), but I kind of wish they wouldn't call it "Vinylmation." I mean, Vinylmation as it is already qualifies as pop art. Why did it need to change to get that moniker?

All in all, I think I'm more worried about the new Mickey shape for the main line than these vinyl interlopers.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phylers For This Useful Post:

djga77 (05-03-2011), HitchHikingGhostFangirl (05-03-2011), underdog (05-03-2011)

--VinylNation Member--
    wildHoney is a glorious beacon of light wildHoney is a glorious beacon of light wildHoney is a glorious beacon of light wildHoney is a glorious beacon of light wildHoney is a glorious beacon of light
    I wonder if these are these going to be like the regular vinylmation line as in blind boxes, set of 25 and chasers/variants. I'm definitely getting Mike and Sulley though <33

--VinylNation Member--
    RMThompson has much to be proud of RMThompson has much to be proud of RMThompson has much to be proud of RMThompson has much to be proud of RMThompson has much to be proud of RMThompson has much to be proud of RMThompson has much to be proud of RMThompson has much to be proud of
    I wonder what SIZE they are. Hmmm

---------- Post added at 07:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 AM ----------

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RMThompson For This Useful Post:

1ovaknd (05-03-2011), Bellygrub (05-03-2011), disneyobsessed808 (05-03-2011), nickalew (05-03-2011), TheOneTheyDontSpeakOf (05-03-2011), WDWgirl (05-03-2011)

--VinylNation Staff--

Qsk50 has a reputation beyond repute Qsk50 has a reputation beyond repute Qsk50 has a reputation beyond repute Qsk50 has a reputation beyond repute Qsk50 has a reputation beyond repute Qsk50 has a reputation beyond repute Qsk50 has a reputation beyond repute Qsk50 has a reputation beyond repute Qsk50 has a reputation beyond repute Qsk50 has a reputation beyond repute Qsk50 has a reputation beyond repute
    They're cute in their own funny looking way I'm looking foward to seeing these.

Just joined us? Click here!
    Want to start trading/buying and selling? Read this!

Challenge accepted

Return_of_Phos has a reputation beyond repute Return_of_Phos has a reputation beyond repute Return_of_Phos has a reputation beyond repute Return_of_Phos has a reputation beyond repute Return_of_Phos has a reputation beyond repute Return_of_Phos has a reputation beyond repute Return_of_Phos has a reputation beyond repute Return_of_Phos has a reputation beyond repute Return_of_Phos has a reputation beyond repute Return_of_Phos has a reputation beyond repute Return_of_Phos has a reputation beyond repute
    Stitch, Mike & Sully are a must have for me.....and Maleficent
    1-866-38-5463-1

--VinylNation Contributor--

Toad_Passenger has much to be proud of Toad_Passenger has much to be proud of Toad_Passenger has much to be proud of Toad_Passenger has much to be proud of Toad_Passenger has much to be proud of Toad_Passenger has much to be proud of Toad_Passenger has much to be proud of Toad_Passenger has much to be proud of Toad_Passenger has much to be proud of
    They're kind of cool in their own way, but I wouldn't display them with the rest of my VM's, because, let's face it, they're not VM's. Stitch, Mal, & Tink are the must haves for me.

--VinylNation Member--
    jamesknight is on a distinguished road
    These aren't Vinylmation. These are from the company Funko, they make vinyl toys like Pop Heroes, Pop Rocks, and Pop Star Wars among other series. I'm not sure why they are labeled as Vinylmation on that calendar but this Pop Disney series was announced by Funko a long time ago.

Look up Funko and you will see the similarities in style with their other series.

---------- Post added at 08:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

After looking on their website, the whole series of Disney Pop is listed under their Pop Vinyl section under Disney Store

--VinylNation Member--
    flyosu is a jewel in the rough flyosu is a jewel in the rough flyosu is a jewel in the rough
    Pinochio cracks me up... looks like he is doing the Oompa Loompa dance LOL!
    I'm afraid to like any (even though I do) because I don't need another addiction
    Like everyone else said...you would think the marketing dept would come up with a better title than Pop Vinylmation>>> howabout Vinyl - looz.

--VinylNation Member--
    Ghost Host has much to be proud of Ghost Host has much to be proud of Ghost Host has much to be proud of Ghost Host has much to be proud of Ghost Host has much to be proud of Ghost Host has much to be proud of Ghost Host has much to be proud of Ghost Host has much to be proud of Ghost Host has much to be proud of Ghost Host has much to be proud of
    Yeah they aren't Vinylmations. They are Pop Vinyls. I think Disney Living made a mistake.

--VinylNation Administrator--

Sledge has a reputation beyond repute Sledge has a reputation beyond repute Sledge has a reputation beyond repute Sledge has a reputation beyond repute Sledge has a reputation beyond repute Sledge has a reputation beyond repute Sledge has a reputation beyond repute Sledge has a reputation beyond repute Sledge has a reputation beyond repute Sledge has a reputation beyond repute Sledge has a reputation beyond repute
    Updated the original post with this:

Update: The naming on the calendar seems to be an error on the part of Disney Living. These are actually a product produced by Funko that is unrelated to Vinylmation. However, we have heard some rumors about something similar, though a little more abstract (and larger), that is in the works for the Vinylmation line. Stay tuned...

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sledge For This Useful Post:

1rocky (05-03-2011), nickalew (05-03-2011), Qsk50 (05-03-2011), Story (05-03-2011)

--VinylNation Member--
    Ghost Host has much to be proud of Ghost Host has much to be proud of Ghost Host has much to be proud of Ghost Host has much to be proud of Ghost Host has much to be proud of Ghost Host has much to be proud of Ghost Host has much to be proud of Ghost Host has much to be proud of Ghost Host has much to be proud of Ghost Host has much to be proud of
    Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post

Although, I'd say that if they slapped the Vinylmation name on it, it wouldn't be a terrible idea. Sounds good for marketing reasons. As long as the figure is visible in the packaging, and they are, nobody could say they were confused. Good find though!

~~VinylNation Empress~~

TheOneTheyDontSpeakOf has a reputation beyond repute TheOneTheyDontSpeakOf has a reputation beyond repute TheOneTheyDontSpeakOf has a reputation beyond repute TheOneTheyDontSpeakOf has a reputation beyond repute TheOneTheyDontSpeakOf has a reputation beyond repute TheOneTheyDontSpeakOf has a reputation beyond repute TheOneTheyDontSpeakOf has a reputation beyond repute TheOneTheyDontSpeakOf has a reputation beyond repute TheOneTheyDontSpeakOf has a reputation beyond repute TheOneTheyDontSpeakOf has a reputation beyond repute TheOneTheyDontSpeakOf has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Return_of_Phos View Post
    Stitch, Mike & Sully are a must have for me.....and Maleficent
    I want a maleficent too, you can get me one of those too, Phos

I also like tinkerbell and cruella! But yes, calling them vinylmations is confusing

Me In a Nutshell
    Would You Like A Custom Made Banner?
    Please see my new Banner Sale Thread!

--VinylNation Staff--

HitchHikingGhostFangirl has a reputation beyond repute HitchHikingGhostFangirl has a reputation beyond repute HitchHikingGhostFangirl has a reputation beyond repute HitchHikingGhostFangirl has a reputation beyond repute HitchHikingGhostFangirl has a reputation beyond repute HitchHikingGhostFangirl has a reputation beyond repute HitchHikingGhostFangirl has a reputation beyond repute HitchHikingGhostFangirl has a reputation beyond repute HitchHikingGhostFangirl has a reputation beyond repute HitchHikingGhostFangirl has a reputation beyond repute HitchHikingGhostFangirl has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post

Ahh figured it had to be some sort of a mistake. The Disney Living people saw that they were vinyl toys and just assumed they were vinylmation.

....I still want most of them though

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information