Welcome to VinylNation.net - The Ultimate Vinylmation Resource!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "Disappearing Smile" Glow-in-the-dark Cheshire Cat

--VinylNation Member--
    Favorite Vinyl Favorite Vinyl
    Soulchild has a brilliant future Soulchild has a brilliant future Soulchild has a brilliant future Soulchild has a brilliant future Soulchild has a brilliant future Soulchild has a brilliant future Soulchild has a brilliant future Soulchild has a brilliant future Soulchild has a brilliant future Soulchild has a brilliant future Soulchild has a brilliant future

"Disappearing Smile" Glow-in-the-dark Cheshire Cat

So I bought a bunch of Glow CYO blanks when they first came out and couldn't think of what to do with them. After much brainstorming with my bf we came up with this idea. The pictures of the glow in the dark really don't do it justice, but it looks great (in the dark) in person. Sorry for the crappy pictures!

This custom is actually going to be part of a gift to a very awesome member and great all around person. It's a surprise, so they don't know yet! Shhh!

Here are my attempts at getting the smile to show up on camera...

**UPDATE**

Pictures! Peter and I created this custom for "Ilovedisneyvinylmation" aka Doug to go along with a matching shirt we got him

We wanted to thank Doug for all that he's done not only for us, but for all the SoCal collectors in general. He has taken much of his own time and efforts in the past few months to try and make releases run as smoothly and as fair as possible. He's been given a lot of *smack* for his efforts from some rather rude people and he deserves better. Not only that, Doug is just a wonderful person and he exemplifies what a true Disney Cast Member is; courteous, cheerful, helpful and always there to make sure you're having a great time.

Thanks Doug!

Last edited by Soulchild; 08-21-2010 at 04:10 PM.
    BAZINGA!

Signature created by the amazing Dozy!

2. The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to Soulchild For This Useful Post:

1rocky (08-20-2010), Boolani (08-20-2010), caliangel528 (08-20-2010), Chelsey (08-20-2010), coloristjohn (08-20-2010), darkblade (09-02-2010), HauntedCollector (08-20-2010), HT_NSU (08-20-2010), hwangz12 (08-20-2010), Jack Skel Haunts You (08-20-2010), jeffztt (08-31-2010), jenn (08-20-2010), Jenn's BF AKA Garet (08-20-2010), jennyeatworld (08-23-2010), Miss_Behavin (08-20-2010), mt1234 (08-21-2010), panny (08-21-2010), peaches magee (08-20-2010), Pixel (08-20-2010), Return_of_Phos (08-23-2010), RMThompson (08-29-2010), Scarlet Hunter (08-24-2010), Scarletwebslingr (08-20-2010), Sledge (08-20-2010), starlight682 (08-20-2010), Story (08-20-2010), Super-Swiss (08-20-2010), swtkatydid7 (08-20-2010), tigger for 4 (08-20-2010), Un4tun8Disaster (08-20-2010), Wecanlivelikejackandsally (08-20-2010), zayalinx (08-20-2010)

--VinylNation VIP Member--

Scarletwebslingr is a splendid one to behold Scarletwebslingr is a splendid one to behold Scarletwebslingr is a splendid one to behold Scarletwebslingr is a splendid one to behold Scarletwebslingr is a splendid one to behold Scarletwebslingr is a splendid one to behold
    How creative!! Fancy use of the glow!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Scarletwebslingr For This Useful Post:

Soulchild (08-20-2010)

--VinylNation Member--
    hwangz12 has a spectacular aura about hwangz12 has a spectacular aura about
    Very cool. Great idea with the glow in the dark eyes and smile.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to hwangz12 For This Useful Post:

Soulchild (08-20-2010)

collector from downunder

1rocky has a reputation beyond repute 1rocky has a reputation beyond repute 1rocky has a reputation beyond repute 1rocky has a reputation beyond repute 1rocky has a reputation beyond repute 1rocky has a reputation beyond repute 1rocky has a reputation beyond repute 1rocky has a reputation beyond repute 1rocky has a reputation beyond repute 1rocky has a reputation beyond repute 1rocky has a reputation beyond repute
    Awesome custom Soul child
    The lucky member will love it
    Congrats on being so nice and making such an awesome custom
    Love the bottom photo so cool

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 1rocky For This Useful Post:

Soulchild (08-20-2010)

Vinylmation Custom Artist

HauntedCollector has a reputation beyond repute HauntedCollector has a reputation beyond repute HauntedCollector has a reputation beyond repute HauntedCollector has a reputation beyond repute HauntedCollector has a reputation beyond repute HauntedCollector has a reputation beyond repute HauntedCollector has a reputation beyond repute HauntedCollector has a reputation beyond repute HauntedCollector has a reputation beyond repute HauntedCollector has a reputation beyond repute HauntedCollector has a reputation beyond repute
    Bravo!!! This is a really really great looking custom.
    .. 282+ Positive Feedback

10. The Following User Says Thank You to HauntedCollector For This Useful Post:

Soulchild (08-20-2010)

--VinylNation Staff--

Story has a reputation beyond repute Story has a reputation beyond repute Story has a reputation beyond repute Story has a reputation beyond repute Story has a reputation beyond repute Story has a reputation beyond repute Story has a reputation beyond repute Story has a reputation beyond repute Story has a reputation beyond repute Story has a reputation beyond repute Story has a reputation beyond repute
    Wow! That is so amazing, soulchild, and such an awesome idea! I'm sure whoever is getting that kitty is going to be so happy. I'm totally envious already

Thanks for sharing!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Story For This Useful Post:

Soulchild (08-20-2010)

--VinylNation Member--
    w.pooh will become famous soon enough
    Great custom, I love that only his eyes & smile glow!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to w.pooh For This Useful Post:

Soulchild (08-20-2010)

--VinylNation Member--
    coloristjohn is on a distinguished road
    AMAZING idea and a WONDERFUL gift for a very special person too!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to coloristjohn For This Useful Post:

Soulchild (08-20-2010)

--VinylNation Member--
    Super-Swiss is a jewel in the rough Super-Swiss is a jewel in the rough Super-Swiss is a jewel in the rough
    awesome! It looks great! that's gonna be one lucky member!
    JandC

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Super-Swiss For This Useful Post:

Soulchild (08-20-2010)

--VinylNation Member--
    Pixel is a name known to all Pixel is a name known to all Pixel is a name known to all Pixel is a name known to all Pixel is a name known to all Pixel is a name known to all
    Amazing! The execution of this hand-painting is as great as that of the Steampunk concepts on the Disney Parks blog.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Pixel For This Useful Post:

Soulchild (08-20-2010)

--VinylNation Member--
    marine_2003 is a jewel in the rough marine_2003 is a jewel in the rough marine_2003 is a jewel in the rough
    Looks great!!

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marine_2003 For This Useful Post:

Soulchild (08-20-2010), zayalinx (08-20-2010)

--VinylNation Member--
    Jack Skel Haunts You has a spectacular aura about Jack Skel Haunts You has a spectacular aura about Jack Skel Haunts You has a spectacular aura about
    haha, i have to say this is one of the best customs we created so far! Totally turned out way better than we imagined!!!! Seriously couldn't have turned out any more perfect than we wanted it. I really hope the person that this very special one of a kind cheshire cat (glow in the dark) will love it as much as all the love, care, time, and attention that we poured into creating it! Thanks for the props everyone!!! Lots of blood, sweat, tears, and hours of lost sleep has gone into this process!

ME GRIMLOCK, ME STRONG, DINOBOTS ATTACK!!!

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jack Skel Haunts You For This Useful Post:

1rocky (08-20-2010), Soulchild (08-20-2010)

Vinylmation Custom Artist

HauntedCollector has a reputation beyond repute HauntedCollector has a reputation beyond repute HauntedCollector has a reputation beyond repute HauntedCollector has a reputation beyond repute HauntedCollector has a reputation beyond repute HauntedCollector has a reputation beyond repute HauntedCollector has a reputation beyond repute HauntedCollector has a reputation beyond repute HauntedCollector has a reputation beyond repute HauntedCollector has a reputation beyond repute HauntedCollector has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Skel Haunts You View Post
    haha, i have to say this is one of the best customs we created so far! Totally turned out way better than we imagined!!!! Seriously couldn't have turned out any more perfect than we wanted it. I really hope the person that this very special one of a kind cheshire cat (glow in the dark) will love it as much as all the love, care, time, and attention that we poured into creating it! Thanks for the props everyone!!! Lots of blood, sweat, tears, and hours of lost sleep has gone into this process!
    Will this be on display tomorrow?
    .. 282+ Positive Feedback

--VinylNation Member--
    Soulchild has a brilliant future Soulchild has a brilliant future Soulchild has a brilliant future Soulchild has a brilliant future Soulchild has a brilliant future Soulchild has a brilliant future Soulchild has a brilliant future Soulchild has a brilliant future Soulchild has a brilliant future Soulchild has a brilliant future Soulchild has a brilliant future
    Oh and I forgot to thank Jack Skel for helping me out with getting the eyes and smile to glow
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Skel Haunts You View Post
    Only because I screwed up the first time and had to wipe it clean and start all over
    Quote Originally Posted by HauntedCollector View Post
    Will this be on display tomorrow?
    Yup! And hopefully the person who this was made for will be there too!
    BAZINGA!

Signature created by the amazing Dozy!

--VinylNation Staff--

Story has a reputation beyond repute Story has a reputation beyond repute Story has a reputation beyond repute Story has a reputation beyond repute Story has a reputation beyond repute Story has a reputation beyond repute Story has a reputation beyond repute Story has a reputation beyond repute Story has a reputation beyond repute Story has a reputation beyond repute Story has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulchild View Post
    Yup! And hopefully the person who this was made for will be there too!
    Ooh, if they are there, then maybe you can post pics after you give it to them- I can't wait to hear who it's for!

Again, great work soulchild and jack skel! You guys make an awesome custom team

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Story For This Useful Post:

Jack Skel Haunts You (08-20-2010), Soulchild (08-20-2010)

--VinylNation Member--
    Gentleman ArRi has a spectacular aura about Gentleman ArRi has a spectacular aura about Gentleman ArRi has a spectacular aura about
    i must applaud you for this you are a very skilled artist. it looks so smooth and clean

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Gentleman ArRi For This Useful Post:

Soulchild (08-20-2010)

--VinylNation Member--
    starlight682 is a splendid one to behold starlight682 is a splendid one to behold starlight682 is a splendid one to behold starlight682 is a splendid one to behold starlight682 is a splendid one to behold starlight682 is a splendid one to behold starlight682 is a splendid one to behold
    This is so awesome, i love it !!!!!!!!! I'm sure the lucky member will love it

32. The Following User Says Thank You to starlight682 For This Useful Post:

Soulchild (08-20-2010)

collector from downunder

1rocky has a reputation beyond repute 1rocky has a reputation beyond repute 1rocky has a reputation beyond repute 1rocky has a reputation beyond repute 1rocky has a reputation beyond repute 1rocky has a reputation beyond repute 1rocky has a reputation beyond repute 1rocky has a reputation beyond repute 1rocky has a reputation beyond repute 1rocky has a reputation beyond repute 1rocky has a reputation beyond repute
    Looking forward to seeing pics of the new owner of this awesome custom receiving it
    they will be in awe
    Again congrats

34. The Following User Says Thank You to 1rocky For This Useful Post:

Soulchild (08-20-2010)

--VinylNation Member--
    tigger for 4 is a jewel in the rough tigger for 4 is a jewel in the rough tigger for 4 is a jewel in the rough
    and you also did a great job doing the tail on the back it looks 3D great all the way around. Who needs vinylmations we got the best design group right here.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to tigger for 4 For This Useful Post:

Soulchild (08-20-2010)

collector from downunder

Quote Originally Posted by tigger for 4 View Post
    and you also did a great job doing the tail on the back it looks 3D great all the way around. Who needs vinylmations we got the best design group right here.
    I totally agree Tigger

38. The Following User Says Thank You to 1rocky For This Useful Post:

Soulchild (08-20-2010)

--VinylNation Member--
    lock*shock*barrel will become famous soon enough
    What a great idea. I like it!
    Pura Vida!

40. The Following User Says Thank You to lock*shock*barrel For This Useful Post:

Soulchild (08-20-2010)

--VinylNation Member--

Jenn's BF AKA Garet is a glorious beacon of light Jenn's BF AKA Garet is a glorious beacon of light Jenn's BF AKA Garet is a glorious beacon of light Jenn's BF AKA Garet is a glorious beacon of light Jenn's BF AKA Garet is a glorious beacon of light
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulchild View Post
    So I bought a bunch of Glow CYO blanks when they first came out and couldn't think of what to do with them. After much brainstorming with my bf we came up with this idea. The pictures of the glow in the dark really don't do it justice, but it looks great (in the dark) in person. Sorry for the crappy pictures!

This custom is actually going to be part of a gift to a very awesome member and great all around person. It's a surprise, so they don't know yet! Shhh!

Well now I know and it won't be a surprise LOL

Looks awesome!

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jenn's BF AKA Garet For This Useful Post:

Jack Skel Haunts You (08-20-2010), Soulchild (08-20-2010)

--VinylNation Member--
    Miss_Behavin has a spectacular aura about Miss_Behavin has a spectacular aura about Miss_Behavin has a spectacular aura about
    Very cool! I think that's exactly the way that the glowing should be used
    Really good!
    "Is that a bad thing??"

44. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss_Behavin For This Useful Post:

Soulchild (08-20-2010)

--VinylNation Member--
    DDuck4Life is just really nice DDuck4Life is just really nice DDuck4Life is just really nice DDuck4Life is just really nice
    Awesome job. Love it in the dark! You did a great job.

46. The Following User Says Thank You to DDuck4Life For This Useful Post:

Soulchild (08-20-2010)

--VinylNation Member--
    jackiec will become famous soon enough jackiec will become famous soon enough
    That is an awesome custom. Whoever gets it is very lucky and you are so nice to that for someone. Congratulations, it really is amazing. Thanks for sharing with us.

48. The Following User Says Thank You to jackiec For This Useful Post:

Soulchild (08-20-2010)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information